Do you notice that your water seems “off”?
Learn how to diagnose your water
Soap Scum or Bathtub Rings
This means that your water has excessive calcium and magnesium in its supply. This can lead to scale deposits, soap residue, and dry skin.
What does your water smell like?
- Rotten eggs. You may have hydrogen sulfide in your water supply. This can lead to a rotten egg or chemical smell.
- Sediment. You may have dissolved solids in your water supply. This can lead to gastrointestinal illness and foul odors.
What does your water taste like?
- Metal. You may have iron or zinc in your water supply. This can lead to a metallic taste.
What color is your water?
- Blue or green. This might be a sign of copper.
- Brown or black. Indicates manganese in your water supply.
- Red or orange. You may have iron in your water supply. This can lead to stains, a metallic taste, or a rusty color.
The best way to figure out whether your water is contaminated is to have your water tested.